Tuesday, November 5, 2013

2009 - Self Realization, Against All Odds, The Ronald K Way



Inspired by the great Albert Einstein, he once quote "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
Albert Einstein, quoted in New York Times, March 19, 1940"

Year 2009, I spent the whole year searching for inner answers. When one is left with his left $5000, he had to be prudent and cautious with every single step he made or his savings would be wiped out instantly. I got so much phobia back then, I kept telling myself, I was only left with $5000, how could I ever recover and recoup all my losses? It's impossible. After some serious pondering and mediation, I concluded that I cannot punt in and out and do short term trading that often. If my emotion skills was not tip top, I would only suffer more anguish and depression. I knew the only way out is to be patient, find a really good stock, swing trade it, wait for a big move and look to sell at the top. In that manner, I can recover partial of my funds which would give me confidence in my future trades.

Today you see me making millions of $$, don't envy because it was all the labor of the past mistakes and experience which kept me mindful of my future trades. The past had taught me a painful lesson which contributed to today's success. Because I failed over and over again so many times and that's why I succeeded today. When you are doing great work, remember that there will people out there who don't want you to succeed, they are jealous and want you to fail. When you achieved something that they can't do, people are there trying to decipher what you use and try to mimic you. It's the first time ever that the world has witnessed my pin point accuracy with analysis made in a less than a second without a single indicator. When you are doing something against the norm, the reactions can be violent which I experienced it myself. Flame, Hatred, Jealousy, Spam were all the violent reactions that kept coming. For me, there was no point arguing as it's a total waste of time. I used all that "noises" as a motivation medium to drive myself further to greater heights. I can continue to brag but it's pointless, my results and records speak volume for itself. I hope the thousands of people I've touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude.

For the whole of 2009, I traded very little to no activity. I was stagnant and dull, thinking what can I do to break free from all the complex technicals. The process was very difficult and hard because if I can achieve it, I would be the pioneer. To be the leader in something, it would take years and tremendous amount of effort and hard work. I still vividly remember while my friends were partying and chilling, I would be at home focusing and researching in order to buy knowledge in the shortest amount of time. While many others are sleeping in the night, I would put my work to practice using demo account to monitor my progression. Basically, Mon-Sun, I continue to work and research until the enlightenment was drawing closer. That year, I was promoted to AVP and my salary increased. I wasn't really happy because I knew I would have more responsibilities which would hamper my progression. I asked for a demote but it wasn't granted. I wasn't interested in any promotion or salary increased because my goal was already clearly defined with laser focused objective. I don't want to fight office politics because they don't earn $$, I wanted to beat market politics because it could generate a second stream of income for me. I want to be financially free, that's my focus, NOT corporate ladders!

There are too many smart people in Singapore, all with degrees and diplomas, however when it comes to money matters, almost all were sensitive. The education here in Singapore is all about that piece of paper. Well, I think that's following the world's way, get a good degree and get a job that pays well. Luckily for me, I was an underdog all my life, I know how it feels when people doubt you, look at you as if you are low class, etc.. Luckily for me, I started work at an early age and found that working experience was something way more important than studying. It made me realized that $$ was hard earned and in order to make more $$, you would need to sacrifice more things be it your time or health in exchange for more $$. Moreover, the things I used to study in my secondary school were all forgotten and it was totally useless in the working world. Education is important but passion and enthusiasm precedes. I will always remember what my ex teacher said, people can work and climb up the ladder, but when you ask them to put $ in the stock market, that's where it test their endurance and sensitivity towards $, whether they are made of steel or plastics. I was motivated by that sentence and swear to myself that I will one day rise and made of steel. In order to achieve greatness and outdo everyone and the disadvantage with me being an O Level student, I need to work triply hard to learn to let go emotions and money when it comes to trading.

Like many others, I used to go for seminars, listening and absorbing. Queuing up and paying for entrance. In the end, I learnt that all the talks were very general with projected target price, techincals and fundamentals, it bored me because nothing was precision and exciting. I gave up going for talks and decided to be even more focused on what I was doing. I had competition every day because I set such high standards for myself that I have to go out every day and live up to that. As time passed by, I started to realize all the big media marketing campaign I saw on newspaper, website were mostly marketing gimmicks to lure people in to their talks/courses. Deep down in my heart, I told myself, if one day I would ever start something, I won't do what most people is doing, I will do it my own way with quality rather than the mass. I will create a revelation in chart reading and I will NOT copy or REPLICATE any materials from books, websites or my ex teacher teachings into my course. I must incorporate simplicity with effectiveness without drawing a single line or using any technicals. Basically my course must be both technical in function and sophisticated in form, drawing out simplicity from complexity with the combination of art. It must not be that usual common text lines and out fit which would create a "good impression" to people. I need to be myself and honestly express myself in the way I want and I believe is right, be it how I dress or speak, not conforming to the world's ways.

2010 was the year where I finally broke the stock market, the world was to witness a revelation and the inaugural birth of Ronald K. Stay tune!

Ronald K - Market Psychologist - The Big Speculator