Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Capitaland - The Big Short



While I was too focused on the pennies recently, my main focus of attention got shifted and I forgot to study one of my favorite stocks which is Capitaland. Everyone knows that when the government announced the cooling measures on Jan 11th, 2013 late in the evening, the stock gap down the next Monday morning and that's where I advocate all not to short it.
http://stockmarketmindgames.blogspot.sg/2013/01/property-counters.html

A student of mine who was as focused as me, didn't bother about my "tips" but rather put what I taught him into use and shorted Capitaland on Jan 11th, 2013 before market closed. As you can see, he shorted not at a very good price, but however it's rewarding to know the next morning the stock gap down and he made a handsome sum of profit. Considering that this is a 1 day job, it's not bad for a start!

While most people dare not short at tops, the front liners, the daring ones will always be rewarded. I got to give my hats of him because not only did he follow his conviction to do the short, but more importantly, it's that focus and concentration to watch a stock and take a convicted short when everyone was cheering about something else. Here, I would like to say thanks for trusting me and coming for my course. You already made back your course fee!

Ronald K - Market Psychologist - The Big Speculator